Readers Theatre Plus (RT+) is an entirely non-profit group. A Sequim local theatre benefitting local charities and organizations, over the last four years, RT+ has been able to present fourteen scholarships, distributed evenly, to graduates of Sequim and Port Angeles High Schools.
ATTENTION! VIP! / CHANGE OF VENUE FOR “WILD WEST MIKADO”!
ALL SHOWS TO BE DONE AT OTA.
To all supporters of Readers Theatre Plus: RT+ has registered at Amazon Smile which, at no cost to you, provides a portion of purchases to benefit Readers Theatre Plus. Your prices are the same but this organization will benefit our small group. This web site will allow RT+ to be the beneficiary; however, if there is another non-profit you wish to contribute to, search at Amazon Smile to see if they are registered. Thank you.
1. Damon Little received The 2014 Dewey Award for Supporting Actor for his role in A THOUSAND CLOWNS. He was surrounded by enthusiastic family members – and fans!
2. Joel Yelland & Pat Marcy from WILD WEST MIKADO, “Willow-tit-Willow”
3. Kath Beecher receiving The 2014 Dewey Award for Supporting Actress. She made a lovely and moving acceptance speech!
4. Janice Parks, Kyra Humphrey, Elise Ray and Vicki Helwick, The Wonderettes, receiving The 2014 Dewey Award for Ensemble.
5.Janice Parks and Carol Swarbrick Dries entertaining at The 2014 RT+ Appreciation Event.
6. Barbara Drennan received The 2014 Dewey Award for Lead Actress for OLIVE AND THE BITTER HERBS. her acceptance speech included the fun she had playing that role.
7. Trent Pomeroy singing from THE MIKADO at The 2014 RT+ Appreciation Event.
8. Here is Ric Munhall receiving The 2014 Dewey Award for Lead Actor for his role in A THOUSAND CLOWNS from Shelley Taylor, recipient of The 2013 Dewey Award for Lead Actress. Ric talked about the joy of making money for worthy non-profits while “doing what we love to do!”
9.A good crowd assembled to be appreciated, entertained and present for The 2014 Dewey Awards.
10. A Grand Finale from The RT+ Appreciation Event, here are Kyra Humphrey, Elise Ray, Vicki Helwick and Janice Parks singing “Santa Baby” from THE WINTER WONDERETTES to Dewey Ehling. He was also the recipient of the 2014 Dewey Award for Director for that show.
The 2014 Readers Theatre Plus (RT+) Appreciation Event held May 4, 2014, was a huge success. Cast members of the most recent shows performed and entertained those in attendance. Read more here>>>
Readers Theatre Plus Announces Its Policy for Accepting Original Works
Starting in January 2014 until the end of February 2014 RT+ will accept original plays for production by RT+ during the 2014-2015 season which is June 2014 through May 2015. The Play Reading Committee will then review all submissions between March 1st & April 30th. Submissions must be in a play format & suitable for presentation in a Readers Theatre format. Musicals must have sheet music or lead sheets for all songs. Two copies must be submitted to the Play Reading Committee Chair, Janice Parks. Both fulll-length & one- act plays will be considered. The play reading committee will give a written response to submissions by April 30th, 2014.
Submissions can be sent to:
Janice Parks,Chair, Play Reading Committee
Post Office Box 395
Carlsborg, Wa. 98324-9997
It is our desire to have at least one locally written, or locally connected, presented by RT+ each season. The production of A Century of Sequim was the locally written production thus year. It came, if course, from many sources.
If you have questions about the process, please call 360-797-3337( the Readers Theatre Plus phone number).
New Bar on The Olympic Peninsula
RT+ BOARD MEMBERS AND DUNGENESS SCHOOLHOUSE BOARD
On October 15th, Members of the Board of Readers Theatre Plus (RT+) were invited to attend The Dungeness Schoolhouse Board Meeting. Part of the reason for the invitation was to “present” a long-overdue “donation check” for $1,508.46. (The real check had already been delivered to MAC’s Executive Director in the summer!) The other reason for the invitation was to continue the clear lines of communication between the two organizations.
Every year, Readers Theatre Plus (RT+) shares the profits made on their Gilbert & Sullivan Fundraiser with The Peninsula Singers and The Dungeness Schoolhouse/MAC. In addition to this annual gift, in 2011, an entire RT+ production was presented to benefit The Schoolhouse. In total, over $10,750.00 has been donated to The Dungeness Schoolhouse/MAC from Readers Theatre Plus — and this is over and above the amount paid for rental for our performances! Both organizations were happy with the donation.
The people in the photo are, from Left to Right:
Bob Schmicker*, Alana Schmicker*, Ines Cole*, Terri Lilliquist*, Cheryl Bell^, Carol Dries^^, Claude Cole**, Jackie Kangas*, Ann Martin^ and Linda Alexander*
*Dungeness Schoolhouse Board Members
**Dungeness Schoolhouse Board Chair
^ Readers Theatre Plus Board Member
^^Readers Theatre Plus Board Chair
The recent production of A CENTURY OF SEQUIM benefitted KSQM-FM.